One of Maryland’s nicknames is The Free State, yet many who are in political leadership positions here are in spiritual bondage. The good news of the gospel is that true freedom from sin is found in Jesus Christ: “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free” (John 8:31, 32).
Jesus entrusted to the Church His clear mandate to make disciples. As an arm of the local church, Capitol Commission goes into the political arena to share God’s truth, trusting Him to change hearts, not just laws.
What would happen if believers throughout Maryland communicated God’s love and forgiveness to our elected officials? Together, let’s find out as we show spiritual care for “kings and all those in authority” (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
Please pray for our ministry and for the salvation of your political leaders. This may seem daunting, but the Lord is able to change even the hardest of hearts. May He receive glory in accomplishing the impossible.
- Legislator and Staff Bible Study
- House Office Building, Room 153
- Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. (during session)
- Mar 16, 2017 - Sharpening Skills in Key Relationships (Titus 2:15-3:2)
- Mar 9, 2017 - Lessons in the Classroom of Grace (Titus 2:11-14)
- Mar 2, 2017 - Disciplines of a Solid Employee (Titus 2:9, 10)
- Feb 23, 2017 - You're a Role Model, Like It or Not (Titus 2:7, 8)