October 9, 2018
SAVE THE DATE!
Sunday, November 4th, 2 PM
- Spread the Word, and participate!
- Your prayer matters!
- Encourage your church, a group, your neighbors and family to join you.
WHAT: Pre-Election Prayer Walk
- Sponsored by Capitol Commission
- Endorsed by our NC State Non-Partisan Prayer Caucus and more than forty of our NC State Legislators from both parties.
WHERE: Historic North Carolina Capitol
- Moved to Sunday Afternoon for ease of parking and optimum November daylight.
- Easily located following Wilmington Street from the South and Salisbury Street from the North. The Historic NC Capitol Grounds is between Edenton and Morgan Streets in downtown Raleigh.
WHEN: SUNDAY, November 4, 2018
2 PM–4:30 PM
*Prayer Service begins at 3:30 PM
WHY: Prayer Impacts!
Prayer is the Lord's Command to fight the good fight of faith!!
- “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16
The text is clear that Elijah was a person like us, an ordinary person praying, and the results were God heard and acted.
- I Timothy 1:18 points to instruction that will be to fight the good fight of faith. The priority action is stated below.
"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly, and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to come to the knowledge of the truth." I Timothy 2:1-4
HOW?: A 4-Station Prayer Walk from 2-3:30 PM
A prayer service at 3:30 PM
This non-political prayer gathering in the name of Jesus will appeal to Heaven for:
- Revival in America
- A safe honest election
- God's desired will to be done on election day
- Our Nation's motto, “In God We Trust,” to be the action of every leader and person in the United States of America
- Every citizen to vote with wisdom, seeking to make an informed choice, weighing the outcome of their decision
For Such a Time as This - let us pray!