May 23, 2014
There is so much to praise God for, and much that we need to uphold in prayer.
- I praise God that I was invited to stand with over 100 pastors yesturday on the steps of the Arkansas State Capitol for an event to affirm marriage as between a man and a woman. Rather than making a political statement, marriage is God's loving provision for man, of whom God saw that it is not good for him to be alone. Without question God uses singleness to advance God's kingdom in ways that are difficult for those who are married to do, but the point of affirming marriage is that marriage is to be held in honor by all, because it is a visual picture of Christ's caring, serving, purifying and sacrificial love for His bride, the church, as well as a living picture of the church's respectful and loving resonse to His love.
- I continue to praise God for the opportunity to provide MacArthur Study Bibles recently to our US legislators. I praise God too that I continue to receive thank you notes from most of them, and also praise God for the freedom we have to own, and distribute God's Word in our country.
- Praise God for providing an opportunity last Sunday to preach the Word of God in the Sunday school and main service of a wonderful church in Nashville Arkansas.
- Praise God for more opportunities last week to provide pastors with copies of David Andersen's book, Christ's Kingdom Commission: The Strategic Importance Of Evangelism To Kings And All Who Are In Authority.
- Pray that marriage and family will continue to be honorered by all, especially in the church, and for marriage and family to be duly honored by our state, reflected in the laws of the land. Pray that our leaders especially the Arkansas Supreme Court deeply consider what Proverbs 14: 34 declares, namely that "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people."
- Pray that God will continue using the Bibles we gave to our US Legislators, to encourage and refresh their minds and hearts of our US legislators in His Word. Pray that if any are without faith that God will use His Word to redeem. Pray that His Word would impart an abundance wisdom for every area of their life and service to God, our state, and nation.
- Pray for God to continue to bless follow-up meetings to US level staff members.
- Pray for more opportunities to preach God's Word in local churches throughout Arkansas. It looks like I may soon have another opportunity.
- Pray for the pastors who have received David Andersen's book, that they will be passionate about leading their family and congregations in prayer for political leaders and equally passionate about reaching out to leaders with the gospel.
- Pray for my wife as she is getting closer to the time of delivery, only a few weeks left!
- Pray for more volunteers to assist us in numerous ways, and exponentially increase the ministry impact. Please continue to pray for God to provide a women's chaplain.
- Please pray for our monthly support to increase, so that we can effectively reach more leaders and others within the Arkansas'capitol communities. I am praying for God to provide at least $500 in new monthly support.
If you would like to help us increase our ministry impact through either a one time gift, or via monthly support, please visit our secure donate page at http://www.capitolcom.org/arkansas/donate Every gift is tax-deductible, greatly appreciated, and making a huge difference in people's lives.
If you are not praying daily for Arkansas' political leaders, then you NEED :) to sign up for our free interactive email prayer help. You can receive these here http://www.pray1tim2.org/states/ar/subscriptions/daily
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers, and for your very generous support they are making a difference!
May God strengthen you according to the riches of His grace, in Christ Jesus the Lord!
State Minister, Capitol Commission, AR