June 25, 2010
June has been an encouraging month for many reasons:
- The Primary election suggests that some new state Legislators who are strong believers are likely to be elected to office this November.
- A few Legislators have recently expressed a new desire to be more open about their faith and unite with others for fellowship. In a recent meeting, one legislator actually apologized to another for behaving towards him in a way that was politically expedient but not necessarily godly. Another prayed that a spiritual revival would start in the Legislature and spread throughout our state. Imagine that!
- Thursday was the 49th Annual State Prayer Breakfast, with approximately 300 people in attendance. This is a legislator-led event, and a number of those who spoke mentioned how thankful they are for this ministry. They also included a Capitol Commission brochure in the event program and invited all in attendance to meet with Valerie and me afterwards to hear more about this ministry, which many did.
- Funding this month has increased somewhat. I am very grateful for the partnership of so many of you.
- Valerie and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on June 18th and both our children received generous gifts enabling them to attend a weeklong camp at Hume Lake this summer.
- Pray that more legislators are moved by God to seek Him wholeheartedly, gather often with one-another for Christ-centered fellowship, and express their personal faith more publically.
- Pray for Kathy Hilke, a staff member for Senator Sam Aanestad who just found out that she has a serious cancer. Thankfully, she is a strong believer in the Lord.
- Pray for a lobbyist (to remain confidential for now) whose job future is uncertain due to growth in Christ.
- Please pray for me to have faith, strength, and great favor in the Capitol Community so that many will want to listen to His Word and come to know Him better.
Your Missionary to the State Capitol,