November 1, 2012
We are called to pray for our government leaders. One of the best ways I know of to do this is to participate in the Election-Eve Prayer Walk at the California State Capitol in Sacramento this Monday evening. After all, when was the last time you prayed at length for government leaders or the election? … and had FUN doing it??
We will look across to the amazing Supreme Court building and pray for our Judges, look up at the windows of the Senate Chambers and pray for our Legislators, look in and see the Governor's office and pray for our Governor, look towards Washington DC and pray for our President and Congress, look around and pray for our Pastors, Churches, and Capitol Commission, and of course pray for the next day's elections.
- This Monday, November 5th.
- Arrive whenever you want between 6:00 and 8:00 pm, enjoy the prayer walk around the beautiful Capitol building, and leave when you want.
- Plenty of parking on street or in parking structure across the street on 10th and L. Check in at the West steps of the Capitol (facing 10th Street).
- Prayer, Fellowship, Food. Free Chick-fil-A sandwiches and chips for first 100 people.
- Great Church, Family and Friend Activity. Children of all ages are welcome.
- Mingle with other believers, including Legislators, Capitol Staff, Lobbyists, State Workers, Pastors, and Prayer Ministry Leaders.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
Your Missionary to the State Capitol,
California State Director of Capitol Commission