January 11, 2013
- Basic essential funding needs for 2012 were met in the last week. Thank you!
- Bible Studies for Legislators, Staff, & Lobbyists started and went well.
- Many sit-down appointments with Legislators in their offices.
- A former Senator is walking the Capitol halls with me to introduce his contacts.
- An Assembly Member asked for ministry info to give to churches in his district.
- A Senator asked me to help him plan the annual State Prayer Breakfast.
Prayer Requests for next week or two:
- Family: My wife Valerie was in a car accident on Monday, broadsided by a driver who ran a stop sign. Val's little Honda Fit was hit very hard and pushed over a curb into a small tree. Both drivers seem to be doing fine, thank God. Praying that there are no hidden injuries that show up later, and for the Lord's protection over my family.
- Appointments: Requesting sit-down appointments with every new legislator. Pray for many to respond.
- Legislators: Many legislators who profess faith in God admit they have no interest in meeting with other legislators for Bible study or prayer. Some do not attend church either. Pray they see their need for fellowship and discipleship and have a desire to minister to their colleagues.
- Favor: Some opposition to my ministry from unbelievers in the Capitol. I take this as a sign that the Lord is at work (Matthew 5:11-12), but please pray for open hearts and for some to come to faith.
- Teaching: Starting Bible Study series on God plan for each area of our lives. Thank you for praying for my preparation and the Lord's guidance.
A verse from this week's Capitol Bible Studies: 1 Peter 2:1-3 "Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord."
Your Missionary to the State Capitol
Capitol Commission California
www.CapitolCom.org or Facebook Page