December 28, 2011
As 2011 comes to a close, I would like to say a huge thank you for your partnership in bringing the light of God’s Word into our State Capitol, where it is so desperately needed.
I’m looking forward to all the Lord will do in 2012. Here are some current plans I believe He is leading us in:
- Capitol Bible Studies: Three each week –two for State Senators and Assembly Members and one for everyone else in the Capitol.
- Written Bible Study Handouts: Distributed to every Legislator's office.
- Expository Teaching: The book of Matthew - “Discipleship for Leaders.”
- Personal Discipleship and pastoral counsel for Legislator and other leaders.
- Attending Legislator Fundraising Events to develop relationships.
- Books for Legislators: Beginning in January with a copy of More Than A Carpenter by Josh McDowell for every Legislator and Chief-of-Staff.
- District Partners: Linking pastors with their Legislators.
- Guest Speaking in Churches: Common topics are “The Church’s Mission to Government Leaders,” “How to Pray for Political Leaders,” and “How to Share Your Faith.”
- “Capitol Commission Day at the Capitol” possibly in March.
- “Election-Eve Capitol Prayer Walk” on November 5.
- Capitol Movie Nights and a Weekly Podcast are also being considered.
It is your partnership – whether through prayer, encouragement, or financial support, that enables this important work to continue. Please keep praying that the Lord opens many doors and hearts in the Capitol. If you would like to make an end-of-the-year contribution to bring God's Word into the State Capitol, you may see our mailing address or contribute here.
Finally, here’s an inspiring verse I like for the new year: Philippians 3:13-14 “One thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
(If you have any other good New Years verses or quotes please post them on our Facebook page !)
Happy New Year!
California State Director
P.S. Here's a photo of me with my beautiful wife Valerie and our kids Lucas and Hannah. I am sooo thankful for them.