September 20, 2013
Capitol Commission national headquarters has a couple of interesting news items:
- Capitol Commission is now a Gold-level GuideStar Exchange participant, which demonstrates the ministry's commitment to transparency. GuideStar information can be viewed online, by clicking here. If you have partnered with Capitol Commission and would like to leave a review on the GuideStar Exchange, please accept our glad invitation to do so.
- Jim Young, president of Capitol Commission, recently did a radio interview with the American Family Association channel, discussing the ministry and service of Capitol Commission. You can hear Jim's interview online by clicking here.
Capitol Commission is a missions organization (not state funded) dedicated to proclaiming the gospel to political people groups in the capitol communities throughout our nation. We minister in 22 state capitols, and are asking God for full-time ministries in all 50 states.
Learn more regarding Capitol Commission at our website. On the site, you can see all the states where we serve, and much more.
If you have never visited our prayer site or would like to receive daily or weekly prayer reminders, please visit www.pray1tim2.org. Simply choose the state for which you would like to pray, and "sign up" for the reminders.
Thank you for all your prayers and support on behalf of our political leaders and the Georgia ministry; they are much needed, encouraging to us, and greatly appreciated.
- God continues to provide opportunities for the Georgia ministry. I have made a number of contacts with our legislators in their districts and beyond the actual capitol building. We continue with interim (monthly) Bible studies and the weekly Georgia Capitol Devotional. We are also privileged to serve the Public Service Commission with monthly Bible lessons at their hearings. We still desire to provide beneficial resources for discipleship to our legislators. Simply because the legislative session has ended does not mean that our ministry of discipleship and evangelism has ceased; it has expanded to many different locations.
- Capitol Commission also takes advantage of the legislative interim by encouraging and enabling pastors and churches in this focus of the Great Commission. We also seek to enlist individuals, businesses, and churches to become strategic partners with us in this ministry (2 Cor 8:3-6). Our success as a ministry is based upon God blessing all facets of the ministry, which certainly includes partners in this ministry. We earnestly desire to engage those who desire to participate in the ministry by offering their time and talents (Matt 25:20). We only need to hear from you, if you have not already contacted us. If you have not already done so, join us and experience the joy of bringing hope, light, transformation, and truth to those who constitute our capitol communities.
- If the ministry of Capitol Commission can serve you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your Missionary to Georgia's Leaders,