April 30, 2020
Today is Giving Day - yet not like one we have ever experienced! Though our State Capitols are nearly empty, we at Capitol Commission are taking time to pray. Will you join us?
- Pray that God would grant wisdom to our leaders and they would prioritise their relationship with Him, even in the midst of the pandemic.
- Pray that God would use his church to shine God's light more brightly than ever during this dark time in our world.
- Pray that God would strengthen our leaders to manifest honour, honesty, and righteousness in their lives and decisions.
I know the state of our nation’s culture (and of our leaders) is important to you. Capitol Commission exists because we believe the people of our great nation (and their well-being) are significant to God. Therefore, we promise to remain committed to our threefold purpose:
- Prayer for the leaders of our states and nation;
- Presence, as pastors in our state Capitols; and,
- Proclamation of the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ.
God is working marvelously! I am truly amazed at how lives are impacted as the living Word, Jesus Christ, and the written Word, the Holy Bible, is proclaimed in the halls of government. Recently, one of our leaders remarked how "Capitol Commission fills a tremendous need in a fast pace and high stress environment."
Would you help the ministry of Capitol Commission to be your Christian voice in the Capitol? You can give electronically (choose "active state ministry" and then "sub fund": "Georgia - Ron Bigalke") or by mail (P.O. Box 244, Rincon, GA 31326-0244).
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Rom 15:13).
Ron J. Bigalke, Ph.D.
Capitol Commission Georgia
Capitol Commission is prepared to encourage and enable local churches to participate in reaching our capitol communities for Christ (1 Tim 2:1-4). We only need to hear from you, if you have not already contacted us. We also seek to enlist individuals, businesses, and churches to become strategic partners with us in this ministry (2 Cor 8:3-6). Our success as a ministry is based upon God blessing all facets of the ministry, which certainly includes partners in this ministry. We earnestly desire to engage those who desire to participate in the ministry by offering their time and talents (Matt 25:20). If you have not already done so, join us and experience the joy of bringing hope, light, transformation, and truth to those who constitute our capitol communities.