July 19, 2016
The two party’s conventions over the next two weeks may have several effects on you. At some point, I imagine we’ll all shake our heads in worry or frustration, smile at speeches we agree with, and wonder where in the world our nation is headed. But let this time of political grandstanding and celebration serve as a great reminder: “It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.” (Psalm 118:8, 9)
As you pray for us this summer, please keep these items in mind:
- Our Bible studies in Philippians will continue to be written and shared by email. You can read the most recent one here.
- One-on-one meetings will continue both in Annapolis and throughout the state. These will be with legislators, staffers, pastors, donors and potential donors. Pray for good opportunities to be a blessing to whomever we meet with.
- On Saturday, July 30, I’ll be with the folks of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Upper Marlboro, MD, for their Missions Symposium.
- Please keep praying for Tracy. She is doing well with her recovery from her traumatic brain injury, but still hasn’t been cleared to work by her neurologists. We’re trusting the Lord for her future, though, and are grateful for the progress she has made so far.
- We’re thankful for a good family vacation we took in June to Southern California and the Grand Canyon.
Also, my most recent blog post is on the Bible’s answer to America’s law enforcement issues. You can find it here.
Thank you for your part in the ministry of Capitol Commission Maryland. Your prayers, gifts, and encouragement are invaluable as we take the truth of God’s Word to those who are in authority.