November 1, 2018
VOTE and PRAY!
Our nation has lost its sense of what Os Guiness called, "The Golden Triangle of Freedom or freedom, virtue and faith."
Today, freedom has lost its relationship with morality. That is a dangerous place for our nation to be.
The Golden Triangle was recognized in the decade prior to World War II. Perhaps the sensitivity to look through that lens was one of the chief characteristics causing that generation to be known as "the greatest."
In 1932, at a meeting on Abraham Lincoln's birthday, James Farrell, the President of US Steel Corporation, made this statement to President Franklin Roosevelt:
"[We have had] ... nineteen depressions, five major ones – and that each one was caused by disobedience to God’s laws, neglect of God, to church and the spiritual life, and that what had given rise to economic prosperity and social welfare was the quickening of the religious life... I assure you if we do not get a thorough revival of genuine religion, with confession of our sins and repentance toward God by [all] and a return to prayer and the Bible, we are headed to chaos. It must come through laymen and the leaders of industry and business must begin to lead.”
Even though I cannot attest to James Farrell's analytical accuracy, the very fact that a great man of industry like him evaluated our ups and downs in relation to our nation's relationship to God indicates something profound. It is something America has lost. It is something that needs to return! Revive us again!
Psalm 2 shows our God vested in the affairs of human government and making it clear that the best leaders in this world are those who honor God and listen to His counsel. So vote for those leaders! Evaluate and vote! Vote your conscience! Vote!
Prayer is the priority action to fight the good fight of faith. Pray for all those who get elected.
If you live in the Raleigh, NC, or Richmond, VA, areas, be part of the pre-election prayer events. Raleigh, NC, Pre-Election Prayer Walk Sunday, Nov 4
This Election Prayer Guide flyer is a great guide on how to pray wherever you live. Election Prayer Guide
Our election can leave you anxious and overwhelmed. Where can hope be found? This Bible study, Why Caiaphas Gives Us Hope can help you with the answer.
Our National Ministry highlights:
- A Senator from Texas put his trust in Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior two weeks ago. Pray for his growth and his testimony to impact those around him.
- A Representative from North Carolina re-dedicated her life to Jesus Christ.
- A well-known lobbyist from California is now attending Bible University Distance Education and continues to testify of how Jesus and the ministry of Capitol Commission changed his life.
- Our State Minister in Oklahoma was just interviewed regarding Politics and Religion and will be writing 3 articles for the 3rd largest newspaper in 2019.
- Our Kansas State Minister prayed with President Trump Proverbs 11:27.
- Our Missouri State Minister was privileged to meet with Vice President Pence.
As you consider your giving this time of year, we invite you to pray and give to Capitol Commission so that we might advance our work to make Jesus known to all who work under Capitol domes!
For His Glory,
Donate to Capitol Commission online or mail to:
P.O. Box 63118Charlotte, NC 28263-3118
 Frank Carlson, Norman Percy Grubb; Modern Viking, (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1961)41