January 30, 2019
Today, more than ever in this polarized chaotic time, the power of God is needed in the midst of our legislative leaders.
Because of your partnering with Capitol Commission, a young political activist came to know Christ as our National Ministry team served at a National Legislative Conference in DC. Another young man, whose father is dying, was comforted with pastoral care. Read more detail here…Addendum.
In most states, Legislative Sessions have begun. Five of our State Ministers have participated in prayer at Governor Inaugurals or have led events surrounding it.
The emphasis of clear written expositional Bible studies in this ministry is having impact. Our Missouri State Minister shared that for five hours he heard testimonies about how the Word of God applied by the Spirit of God was changing lives. Can you imagine how powerful it would be to multiply this ministry into all 50 states and in Capitols around the world? “Righteousness exalts a nation…!”
This ministry focuses on bringing the power of God to our Capitol communities. This strategy is a bold proclamation of the joyful good news of Jesus Christ and a clear teaching and preaching of the Word of God. Jesus and the Apostle Paul emphasized in their ministry that the Word and the Gospel are powerful when not attached to political or lobbying agenda. This strategy allows the power of God to be brought to both sides of the aisle.
There is a reality arising in this nation. Our hope is not found in man, a political system or a vote. Hope that does not disappoint will only be found in the living God. “For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe." I Timothy 4:10
Help us advance this ministry in 2019!
- Our development work in several states has come to the point of needing the right men. Pray with us for qualified men gifted in evangelism and discipleship and a willingness to serve on this mission field.
- Our ministry needs additional strong financial giving/givers. Would you pray and share this ministry with others around you who may appreciate its purpose? Our financial need to complete the vision of 2019 outlined below is $68,000 by July 1 above our projected giving.
- "Light Into Darkness"- a legislative conference project
- Discipleship tools and training for our current ministers
- 2019 development for two additional states
Please help us thank God for these praises:
- NEW NC STATE MINISTER LAUNCHED and off to a great start!!
- Ministry advances of our South Dakota State Minister now entering his second year
- Oklahoma State Minister, now in his third year, is leading ministry to new heights
All Glory to God!
Donate to Capitol Commission online or mail to:
P.O. Box 63118Charlotte, NC 28263-3118