April 13, 2020
More people are looking to God in these times. Consider, Sports Talk Radio "Miller Time,"; they opened a new segment interviewing pastors, admittedly because of the pandemic. This gave opportunity for our Maryland State Minister Brent Alderman to be interviewed as a “missionary/pastor” to the Annapolis (Maryland Capitol) legislators. Brent was able to share the importance of praying for our leaders. He emphasized our leaders are people just like me and you. He pointed out they also have personal, family and business cares and needs. He also quoted I Timothy 2 and emphasized God's priority to pray for those in authority. Not just now during this trial but all the time! He explained God's plan for government. What an opportunity for people to also pray for Brent, who is suffering with kidney disease and yet remains faithful ministering to Maryland legislators.
This terrible Coronavirus pandemic has taken many lives. I, like you am heartbroken for those in grief. I, with you, am asking God to bring healing to those battling the virus. But in unprecedented ways this pandemic has caused the world to be still and for a moment consider eternity and God.
By now, many of you have witnessed and heard reports of the unprecedented Easter service attendance. It was wonderful to see the many choices made this past weekend to hear a clear gospel message. Did you shout “Yes Lord and Hallelujah?” Do you realize that more people attended Easter services this past weekend than ever before?
In the midst of this dark plague the Lord is allowing his light to shine. CS Lewis may have thought of the Apostle Paul’s testimony, “Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel,” when he stated, “God whispers to us in our pleasures…and shouts to us in our pain.” We know that regardless of the virus, all of us will someday succumb to death. We know that the gospel of Christ is the only hope. Therefore, as we pray for people physically, we also are praying for salvation spiritually. This is an extraordinary season of our lives. God has stopped the world. Now in the stillness He is welcoming the world to know Him and and what He has done for them!
So we seize the day realizing that the Holy Spirit cannot be arrested, or distanced by anyone or anything. The good news is carried everywhere a Spirit filled believer is ministering, and He moves through telephone, radio, television, and internet video conferencing!
This is exactly what makes Capitol Commission a ministry of impact. God has placed Spirit filled men in key places. These state ministers have established a pastoral presence in the marketplace with our legislators. These times of duress, stress and crisis have opened the door to minister in many more unique ways.
- In this hard time of much grief, our leaders are not untouched. Our State Ministers are providing compassionate care to leaders and family members due to Coronavirus deaths. Cards, calls and letters are communicating prayers, hope and the good news.of the gospel.
- e.g. Georgia Bible Study by Dr. Ron Bigalke Because God is with us!
- In Louisiana, State Chaplain Dr. Michael Sprague shared a Good Friday message of hope to legislators.
- In Texas, State Minister Scott Wall is leading online Bible studies open to all legislators.
- In Oklahoma, State Chaplain Joel Harder, led a day of prayer issued by Governor Stitt entitled, “Let Hope Arise.” This event brought the state together to lay their burdens before the Lord.
- On April 1st, State Minister Matt Barnes, PSP, an endorsed independent ministry friend of Capitol Commission, invited California State Minister Frank Erb onto a Facetime live interview as he ministered to leaders and the people of Indiana.
I want to thank you for your faithful partnership with this ministry. Thank you for helping us seize the day in such a time as this!
For His Glory,
Donate to Capitol Commission online
- National Mission Support- advances the mission of Capitol Commission across the USA.
- State Ministry Support specifically directs support to individual State Ministries/ USA Ministers.
- or mail to:
P.O. Box 63118Charlotte, NC 28263-3118