February 12, 2021
These are challenging times for sure! But these are also opportune times!
In King David's day, the stable things in life were shaken. He was counseled to flee and hide!
He wrote in Psalm 11.
“If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
That sounds hopeless, but David was not slinging hopeless! He was challenging those who thought things were hopeless!
David proclaims his hope and reason for staying in the battle.
[ Hear this ! ]
“The Lord is in His Holy Temple, The Lord’s throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men. The Lord tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; fire and brimstone and burning wind shall be the portion of their cup. For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright.”
David looked above the battles and instability in his nation, he looked above the nation's throne to the highest throne!
It is good to be reminded that Jesus is the King above all Kings!
This past year, to be honest, my focus on that highest throne was shaken at times. How about you?
In light of that, and also our 2021 Ministry Theme "Fear the Lord / Advance the Gospel," I am studying through the book of Revelation. Join me!
Click Here for Revelation Study One: REVELATION - God the Father's gift to Jesus passed on to us!
I humbly just want to see Jesus. Revelation is a gift! A gift that transformed the believers of the first four centuries to stand strong in the midst of terrible extreme government overreach times. Perhaps they would say to us today, "Do you see what we saw?"
For His Glory,
Dr. Brad Harbaugh
President / National Minister Capitol Commission
February Ministry Update:
Most legislator sessions have begun. Many have taken precautions due to Covid to guard entrance and access to legislators. This presents challenge to ministry presence. But it also has opened doors to opportunities.
Arkansas State Minister reports the opportunity of being invited to meet with several legislators off campus.
- Our South Dakota State Minister reports Bible studies, one on campus and one off per normal with caution.
- Our Maryland State Minister reports growing involvement in internet led Bible studies, he commented on the diversity as "Asian, Black and White, Republican and Democrat."
- Our North Carolina State Minister reports more involvement in Bible study and it is growing.
- Anonymous on purpose:
- State leaders often have differing views and often their convictions can create personal conflicts. On of our State Ministers is touching hearts at a level only a non-political ministry can, he is currently on a one on one level working to help resolve those. - Pray!
- One State Minister is serving in a Capitol under restrictions due to Covid, and also increased tension between parties. This challenge has been met with opportunities. He has doubled up on Bible studies meeting in selected legislator offices.
- Many legislators face personal legal battles, a few of them have reached out for pastoral care. Pray for our legislators who need counsel and care and Jesus! How important for them to find forgiveness and hope in Christ! Many of our men meet one on one with legislators in tough situations. We have seen the Lord do great things in the lives of people when facing the pressures of life.
- Praise - A closed State Capitol is now open. Pray for a grand opportunity to lead Bible studies in the governor's office in a legislative building that was very restricted in the past. As this begins we ask for pray to guard this start up opportunity.
- Pray for your legislators! www.pray1Tim2.org