December 19, 2021
Clarifying My Approach
Recently, a friend graciously offered to host a dinner in which he would gather some mutual friends together to help them learn more about my ministry in Harrisburg. Often when asked to share about my work, I find myself easily talking about how we at Capitol Commission approach ministry in this arena. This can be briefly summarized in these three words: Prayer, Presence, and Proclamation. But this opportunity has led me to not only answer how we approach ministry, but also the following two questions.
- What are we seeking to accomplish in the lives of the legislators?
- Why is this so important?
- Toward God: Faith/trust in God, a life in which we trust God and rely upon him in the face of all our fears.
- Toward Ourselves: Death to self, a posture in life that is able to say no to self so we are able to say yes to God.
- Toward Others: A life possessed of agape love, in receiving his love into our lives we become free to allow his love to flow through us into our desperate world.
- Much of this is covered in the slow progression of our devotional content. If you would like to move through this material more quickly, please consider picking up a copy of Dallas Willard's book, A Life Without Lack. These devotionals are based upon Willard's book and made available through a partnership with Dallas Willard Ministries.
- Please contact me if you would like to be included in the distribution of our "weekly" devotional content.
- If you would be interested in hosting a small gathering where I could share about the ministry to some of your friends, please contact me. My goal is to have one of these gatherings each month of the year.
- Please pray that these efforts would help increase our donations by $2000/month. This would increase our budget from $4000 to $6000/month. This increase would allow me to update some of our technology - specifically our printer, travel more freely through the state to minister to our legislators, pursue continuing education opportunities, and bring some stability to our personal finances.
For all those who have given so faithfully to our ministry, I just want to thank you for all the ways you have allowed our work at the Capitol to continue.
If you are able to help toward this goal please consider making a monthly commitment or a year-end gift to the ministry. To give please click here for further instructions.
Your Servant for Jesus’ Sake,