February 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your prayers. It was so encouraging this year to have one legislator tell us recently—“don’t you ever get discouraged with what you are doing, you have no idea the impact you are making on our capitol.” Your prayers are continuing to be answered and the Lord is doing a wonderful work among our leaders.
- We are so thankful for the record attendance at the Pastors’ Commission to the Capitol this year. Both the Governor and Dr. Vander Warner, Jr. did a wonderful job encouraging our hearts in beauty of the Greatest Commandments and especially the responsibility we have to lovingly pray for our leaders. We are always amazed at the wonderful volunteers God provides each year to make this event even more successful each year. The photos are provided here.
- It has been a delight to see churches come to our capitol and meet the legislators and pray with them and for them. We have considered it a privilege to introduce the pastor that day and have him begin our Bible study with the legislators in prayer. What an encouraging and impactful short term mission trip!
- That the Lord will graciously bless this final week of session with a good attendance at the Bible studies, many visits with our legislators, and the Lord moving in our leaders’ hearts.
- That the Lord will bless the Capitol Commission team of state director from each of the 18 states as we meet together for Shepherd’s Conference and national training March 9-11 2011.
- That the Lord may strengthen us to finish well this last week of Session.
- That the Lord may graciously heal Andrea Lohr, (the wife of Matt Lohr in the Governor’s cabinet), who has been battling cancer for several years. Further information is on Caring Bridge.
We cannot thank you enough for your faithful partnership in prayer.
Rejoicing in His grace,
Virginia State Director