July 2, 2014
On July 4 we celebrate the freedoms of our country which are protected by our use of them and by our political leadership. Thus, as we celebrate, this verse should always come to our mind as the primary verse defining the relationship of the Church to the government, “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings, and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and accept-able in the sight of God our Savior, Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (I Tim. 2:1-4). We are thankful for the freedom to pray for and witness to our leaders, and it is vital that we as the Church exercise these strategic freedoms.
• We rejoice that the hardcover has also been released for our new book, Christ’s Kingdom Commission, you can acquire your copy here.
• The Lord graciously blessed our satellite Bible studies this year and it was exciting to see the Lord provide leaders to come to each study.
• The Lord continues to use the MacArthur Study Bibles given to those in Congress to be an encouragement to our leaders.
• It was so encouraging to hear from a Virginia leader who had moved away but ordered a copy of my new book, Christ’s Kingdom Commission, and is teaching the strategic truths in it to his Sunday School class!
• We are thankful for this July 4 time of celebration when we remember the goodness of God to our country and to especially pray for our leaders.
• That the Lord will use the new book, Christ’s Kingdom Commission to make a strategic impact on our churches and our nation at this important time in our history.
• That many sign up to pray for our Virginia leaders at pray1tim2.org during this season of celebrating July 4. To sign up to pray for your leaders click here.
• That God will bless as we visit churches throughout Virginia and encourage them in prayer for our leaders.
• That the Lord will use the Study Bibles given this year to win and disciple many in Congress.
• For successful opportunities to minister personally to those in Congress this year.
We appreciate so much your faithful prayers and support. It means a great deal to us and to our leaders.
Rejoicing in His grace,
State Director, Virginia